Known as the Modern Wing,
the sparkling temple of steel, glass and limestone is being built at the southwest corner of Monroe and
It will be the Art Institute's largest structure since its familiar Beaux-Arts edifice along Michigan Avenue rose in 1893 atop rubble from the Great Chicago Fire. The new wing, as well as the Nichols Bridgeway (a pedestrian bridge linking the Art Institute and Millennium Park), were designed by celebrated architect, Renzo Piano of Italy.
111 S. Michigan Avenue